Thursday, March 17, 2011

New Communication Platform

It took me a really long time to find an opportunity in Bangalore. Must say, I was sick of staying away from family, to add to the misery... Delhi NCR is a not a very hospitable place to live in. Well, here I am, with a start up in Bangalore trying to sell mobile apps to cellular providers and mobile manufacturers.  

Like normal boring people, I used my cellular  phone to make and receive calls and send the odd SMS to my wife. The GPRS was activated to enable me track my mails when away from my laptop, but that didn't really make life simpler. Its only in the last one year that I have truly experienced the telecommunications industry. From network maintenance of cellular networks to sales of mobile phone apps, boy this industry has a lot to offer. Apps and app stores have now become a part of my professional life.

Well, rite now am trying to sell a communication platform app called Cardzcreator. Yes, you can call it a greeting card app but it is more than just a greeting card. You communicate on the move, through your mobile handset and in 3D, the best part is that the communication in not limited to the mobile handset but also cascade to email and social networking sites. If someone were to ask me if this would really work in India, I would say not just in India but globally. One million download of the app do speak volumes, target of five million is reasonable for the year  but the icing on the cake is not the number of downloads... its the number of cellular partners. 

No comments: